I’m sure you’ve all heard of the things my Dad said. The guy whose
blog became famous and now even Ellen has a version on her show. Well here’s my version- things my Mum did!
My Mum has an endearing personality. She’s naive and very caring. She is also like a whirlwind! A proverbial Bull in a china shop! It’s a
standing joke that every single time she visits, she breaks something!
Growing up there were Many funny incidents but here are a few of my favourites!
1. I went to pick her up from work. She worked in the frozen food
section in the Market. The freezers went around in a full square. As I
approached I heard screaming and saw a pair of legs sticking out! I
knew straight away that it was her. She’d reached for some sausage and dropped in head first and they couldn’t get her out!
2. We went to Spain on holiday. We went to a packed beach and found a space at the front. I was dubious but she said it would be fine! Suddenly a wave came and took all our belongings and…Mum’s Bikini top!!
3. She was visiting a friend in Hospital who had a Brain Tumour
operated on. She looked at the Doctors name Chuma and started laughing hysterically saying your Doctors name is pronounced Tumour??
4. She took our friend who’d had Brain surgery a box of Celebrations!
5. We were at a Family BBQ. I was sat with Elderly relatives! I saw
some male cousins laughing when Mum walked over, stood in the Middle
and said “what does spanking the Monkey mean?”
I think that’s enough for now..
Anyway needless to say, there is never a dull moment when she’s around and Im so lucky she came to spend Christmas with us! I’m sure I’ll have some more stories for you soon. I wish you all a Happy New Year!
- February 2013
- January 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010