When I woke up this morning with a monstrosity growing on the side of my noise, it suddenly reminded me of the fact that I need to get my holiday kit together!
Here is my holiday kit
1. Toothpaste, place on on the blemish overnight and it will be drastically reduced the next morning when you need to paint the Town red.
2. Tide to go stick! If you’re as clumsy as I am you will need it especially if you’re going from one event to the next
3. A couple of back up gifts. Bottle of wine, box of chocs, stuff you will use yourself if you don’t need them. There is always an awkward time when someone drops off a gift that you were not expecting!
4. Stocked medicine cabinet.. No one wants to be driving around new years eve looking for a doctor or pharmacist that is open. Trust me I know from experience!
5. A large bottle of Pepsi and some salted chips / crisps. This is my hangover cure. The sugar molecules are large enough for your stomach to try to hang on to. The chips help replace the lost salt!
Obviously the list could go on and on, but ultimately my tip for surviving this holiday season is, remember why we have the holiday. Treat people how you would like to be treated and ensure that you acknowledge how fortunate we are and that there are millions of people who have less, not just on the holidays, but everyday!
Wishing you and your families a safe holiday season, a healthy and prosperous new year!